Travel to sokoto state ( SEAT OF CALIPHATE )
Before travel to this part of nigeria , a state in the Northern part of Nigeria. It is the state where the Sultan (the country’s Islamic head) resides. It is a North west state in the country. Sokoto shares borders with Niger and Kebbi. The affairs of the state is supervised by the governor at the state level while local government chairmen supervise their own Local government area. It is known as the Seat of Caliphate, this name has been in existence since the time of Uthman Dan Fodio. The sultans are descendant of Uthman Dan Fodio.
This part of Nigeria is majorly populated with the Hausas. The state’s major religion is Muslim. The state harbors the sultan’s palace .
Local goverments in Sokoto state
Consists of twenty three (23) local government areas. They are:
Each local government has it own unique market and special business days. The market days are the busiest days in the market because new products are displayed. it has it won major market that operate daily just like other states in Nigeria.
The major markets are Sokoto central market and Sokoto meat and fish market (popularly known as Kasua Nama).
The people of this part of Nigeria are good people who are ready to mingle. Though the state’s education is majorly Islamic but the western education cannot be left out. The state has always been a peaceful place in the Northern Nigeria.
The northerners are always conscious of themselves when it comes to dressing as it affects both male and female and they tend to make sure that no part of their body is revealed .Foreigners , non indigens or anyone on a trip that resides in any part of the state is advised to take note of their dressing and endeavor to cover all sensitive parts of the body .
Female: long flowing hijab should cover anything you are wearing for a married woman while short or medium hijab for girls and if you are just someone who does not like to use the hijab it is advisable to at least use a scarf or an head tie to cover your head
Male: Danshiki, babariga, jalamia
The major mode of transportation are cab(Taxi), bicycles, tricycles and motorcycles. The farmers use camels and donkeys to move their goods from one place to another. Tourist who love these animals can ride also.
These hotels are the top hotels in sokoto that have the best plans and will suit anyone on a trip
1. SUKURA CORAL HOTEL: This is one of the top luxury hotels in sokoto it is Located at 10, Kano road beside Skye bank . Afrotrips visited these place and it is indeed a nice place to relax when visiting Sokoto.
2. GRAND IBRO HOTEL SOKOTO : It is ocated at 44, Abdullahi Fodio road Sokoto Nigeria . They have nice sets of rooms fully air conditioned also get connected with their resources especially the WIFI .They also stand out with a rating of over 7.0 on jovago.com
3. GIGINYA CORAL HOTEL : Located at western bypass road. Give yourself a treat at the luxury five star hotel. Their swimming pool, restaurant is wonderful. These are some of their facilities according to hotels.ng
– Tennis court
– Wireless internet facilities
– Souvenir shop
– Aerobics / gymnasium
– Car hires services with limousine or bus
4. DANKANI GUEST PALACE HOTEL: It is located at 1A Kalmbiana road, Sokoto. The hotel is beautified with lovely flowers. The rooms and delicacies from the restaurant are very nice trust Afrotips on this . check it out on jovago
5. BLUE STAR HOTEL SOKOTO: If you love clubbing Blue star is the best place to lodge when visiting Sokoto.
6.Hyginco Executive Guest Inn: Get the treat of an executive at an affordable price. This hotel is located at Gussau road, kwanawa area.
some other unique facts about sokoto state
- No traffic
- Cheap and easy mode of transportation
- Various food and snacks (kilishi, danqua and so on)
Interesting places to visit in sokoto
SOKOTO MONUMENT MUSEUM
Federal Secretariat Complex, Sokoto, P.M.B. 2367, Sokoto State.
Contact: Tsafe, A. Ahmed firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com 08068705983
GIGINYA CORAL HOTEL
As described in the hotel section